Sunday 16 February 2014

On Gloucestershire

A couple of weeks ago, the big move happened. I finally moved all my stuff down to Gloucester and I now live here permanantly. I started a new job last week and so far I think it's going very well. It's a ton of responsiblity but everyone is really nice so I know I will have as much support as I need once I take over the role completely.

Anyway - the important stuff!

I have now been out 3 times on the bike in the last week and a bit and I am thoroughly enjoying it. (See strava links on the right for rides..) It's a lot hillier than Lincoln (surprise!) but I am relishing the challenege. On my first ride I stumbled across Haresfield Beacon which is by far and away the toughest climb I've ever come across. It's so steep that I am yet to get up it without getting off and pushing. I've tried twice and today I got about 25m further but still nowhere near the top! One day.. one day..

I've found a bike shop that does social rides (Eastgate Cycles in Gloucester) which I am hoping to join on a Wednesday evening but they also put all their rides on facebook so I've been able to export them to my Garmin and use their knowledge of the local roads to get out and about.

Cheltenham and County Cycling Club is the other club I am hoping to join. They are a huge club based down the road and go out on Saturdays which keeps my Sundays free. (They go out on Sundays too, though.)

Hoping that some of my Lincoln friends will come and visit when the weather is a bit nicer, looking forward to showing them around and doing some epic longer rides and getting fit again, at least up to last years standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment