Friday 24 January 2014

I am leaving Lincoln..

After over 5 years I am leaving Lincoln to start a new job in the South West. I will be living in Gloucester with my wife and working on the west side of Oxford.

I am looking forward to new challenges, new friends and new bike routes but of course I will miss all the challenges, friends and rides that I have done in Lincoln over the last 5 years. To celebrate this, this weekend I have organised to do a 5k run, play one last hockey match and to go on a nice Sunday bike ride with some friends who I will miss when I leave.

I haven't run 5k since Christmas Day and I struggled then. I'd love to say I'm in a good condition to PB (sub 23:19) and I will try but honestly anything under 25min would be great.
Hopefully I get a goal in the hockey, it would be nice to score again - I think I have one for the season after finishing top scorer in the league last year.
Sunday bike ride I'm hoping to get 40+ miles in - it will be a bit of a novelty to be cycling in the daytime to be honest!

I will update with how the weekends activities go and look forward to updating in the future about Park Runs, Cycling Clubs etc down in the South West!

No comments:

Post a Comment