Friday 26 April 2013

First coached swim session

At the finish line of the Lincoln Tri last weekend I saw a guy from work who was there supporting his son. I spoke to him about my terrible swim and he invited me along to his masters swim session tonight at a local school, where the Lincoln Pentaqua squad train.

I went down and was a bit in awe of the guys going up and down consistently like a train. I followed the board of drills as best as I could, with the coach watching me and giving me tips. I used floats for the first time and learnt some helpful drills with getting my elbow high and getting the 'catch' better along with the roll of my shoulders.

Obviously Rome wasn't built in a day, and it will take a lot of time and effort to see results but I could already feel that I was a bit faster in the water and more confident.

Already looking forward to next weeks session! Even if it is bloody hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment