Sunday 10 February 2013

Injury - Updated: Soft tissue damage & deep bruising

First injury of 2013. Took a hockey ball to the foot during our 1-1 draw at Hull this morning.

Nothing too serious - can't put any weight on it currently but hopefully within 72 hours should be a lot better. Doubt I'll be running this week at all and probably no cycling either. Had a poor week last week too so looks like I'm writing off the first two weeks of February as an exercise free zone. Although I'm hoping to get some swims in as my foot should be alright, as long as I can get to the pool...


Edit: 15th Feb
Went for a swim on Wednesday and a run on Thursday. Foot is back to normal! Even managed a sub 25minute 5k for the first time in 2013. Set a new PB at the same time, 23:20, though hopefully that won't stand for too long!

Edit 2: 17th Feb
Well, after playing hockey twice this weekend (3-2 and 3-0 victories, scoring once in both) I can safely say that.... my foot isn't healed! Very sore this evening but hoping the pain will subside soon and stay away this time!

Edit 3: 18th Feb
After seeing the Doctor at work today I was told to go for an xray at the hospital. As it was half term I expected the worst but I got seen within 3 hours and nothing is broken/fractured just some soft tissue damage and bruising on the bone. Still, advised to avoid physical activity for 2weeks minimum but we'll see. Planning a 100miler this weekend in the Yorkshire Dales so will see how the week pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment