Friday 1 February 2013

Lincoln Sprint Triathlon

Sunday 21st April 2013 is the date that I will be doing my 2nd sprint triathlon. This time locally ran by the David Lloyd gym in Lincoln. The course is marginally longer than the previous sprint tri I did, with the bike being 22km rather than 17.6km but with a lot less hills.

The swim is a bit of a non-entity as it's just a normal 25m indoor pool.

The bike course is fairly flat except Burton Village hill (16%) and then down a longer, less steep hill back down into Saxilby 5 miles later. Hopefully this will be a quicker (av. speed wise) than the previous tri so I am aiming for 42min over the 22k (19.5mph). Will be great to try and catch up with more people again, though this time I face being overtaken as I will be swimming a bit later with the faster bunch as I've put my swim time down as 12minutes..

The run course is nice and flat too, and it's along the River Witham leading towards Lincoln's Brayford Pool. Looking to hit the run hard and attack the last half of the course - I'd love to come in at a 22:xx but a 23:xx would be fine too. I will have run the Lincoln 10k a fortnight before so hopefully will have some spare in the tank to really go for it.

My aims, based on the previous tri and fitness speculation are:

Swim - 10:00
T1 - 2:00
Bike - 42:00
T2 - 1:00
Run - 22:xx

This would give me a time of around 1:17:xx which would be just outside the top 100 from last year - which would be a marked improvement on the Southwell tri in September.

Best get training! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment