Friday 1 February 2013

Running & the Lincoln 10k

So this year I've entered the Lincoln 10k. Every year I've been here (5 years) I've said I was going to do it - and if this year is my last year here, I better get on it.

I've never ran further than 5k without stopping so this will be a real challenge for me. I know a lot of people could run 10k in their sleep, but it's not really something that comes naturally to me. Maybe it's a bit of a mental block but I really struggle to take then next step sometimes, so I can find training difficult.

Luckily I have some friends around me who are also doing the 10k who will hopefully train with me and make sure I stick at it! I know I can run 5k in sub 25mins but will need lots of work to complete the 10k in my target of sub 50mins.

I still have 10 weeks so the plan is get back up to doing 5k without stopping and increasing the distance by half a km per week. I also want to be running at least twice a week, outside or in the gym, on top of playing hockey on saturdays. I'll be using strava to track my runs so if I can get it working down the side of my page, you can follow progress there.

No comments:

Post a Comment