Friday 1 February 2013

2013 Targets

2013

2013 is a massive year for me. The targets outside of sport are:

1) Get married (not really a target but it's my main focus this year.)
2) Move house out of our shared accommodation
3) Find a new job out of Lincoln, preferably in/near London
4) Move house, again, to location of new job.

This might not leave me too much time to do sporty things but I'm going to try. These are my 2013 sporting (cycling/triathlon related) targets.

Event Type Targets
1) Join a cycling club, be comfortable with riding in a bunch and maybe enter some local races/TTs
2) Complete the Lincoln 10k in sub-50minutes.
3) Complete the Lincoln Triathlon in sub 1hour 20.
4) Complete the Essendex Last Minute Triathlon in sub 1 hour 15, ideally under 1 hour 10.
5) Lose weight and be toned for my wedding & honeymoon (alright, not strictly sport related but hopefully a by-product!)
6) Possibly complete a sportive - though I'm not sure how I feel about this. I would rather race I think.

Individual Discipline Targets
7) Ride 3000km in 2013. That's 250km per month, 62km per week. One long ride a week is easily achievable so really I'd like to surpass this goal, but free time will be very limited come the summer with wedding prep, the big day and then 2 weeks honeymoon.
8) Run 500km. This works out at running a little under 10k a week. Should be easily achievable in the run up to the 10k and Lincoln Tri but I want to keep this up in the middle-time so I won't lose fitness
9) Swim 400m frontcrawl without stopping. Swimming is where I can cut the most time off my triathlons for the smallest effort. I'd love to get down to 09:xx or even 08:xx for a 400m swim and there's no reason why not with a lot of practice!

Seem a lot harder now I've written them all out - eek!



No comments:

Post a Comment