Tuesday 5 February 2013

Presents!

Don't you just love ordering things off the internet?

You can browse multiple shops, compare prices and order without moving. We're living in the future! My new favourite thing is the free returns service Collect+. It means you can go into select shops (mostly corner shops) open at much more sociable hours than post offices and drop off your parcel and the postman collects them from the shop the next day!

I've only had one experience of this so far - returning a DVD to Amazon after Christmas. I dropped off the parcel at 9pm on a Wednesday evening, the postman picked it up Thursday morning and Amazon had taken receipt of the item by 11pm on Thursday. 26hours to get there and all at no cost to me!

This week I've ordered some bits and bobs for my ever expanding collection of triathlon gear. Some has come already and I'm stupidly excited about it all.

- New High5 bottles with gels & water supplements. This is one of the best deals I've ever seen. A 750ml water bottle, two gels, two electrolyte tabs and two carb isolate drink supplements (one with whey protein too) for £2.08! Yes, £2.08. I'd pay more for just the bottle on it's own! So good I ordered 5! (Plus you need to spend £10 for free delivery) These fit perfectly in my Elite bottle cages so one of my favourite purchases ever (I previously bought two, one each for me and my housemate James.) Can be found here, on ProBikeKit.

- BioTex leg warmers. These were another bargain - bought off the bikeradar forums for just £4 I am super happy with these. Stretchy enough to make sure there's no gap between bib shorts and leg warmers and small enough to tuck in a jersey pocket if needs be. The guy who sent them to me spent £3.65 on postage too so not sure where the business sense was in that for him, still - great deal for me!



- Swim hat. Got myself a swim hat because I'm fed up of my hair being in my eyes when I swim, yet I'm not quite ready to cut it off! This hasn't arrived yet but for £1.68 I'm not expecting too much - still, might take off 1/100 of a second per length for me ;-) 

- Tri belt. Something I will benefit from now I have a trisuit (investment after the Southwell tri) I will be using a tri belt to keep my number on for bike/run in future triathlons. I got this one off ebay for under £4 and it comes with poppers to hold the race number on and space for 6 gels that get held on. Again this hasn't come yet but I'm looking forward to seeing if it's as good as it sounds.

- Tri-bars. This is my most recent purchase. Been looking for a while and all the decent ones seem to go for well above £30 (still above my budget!) so I found some on wheelies.co.uk here  for £18 with clamp adaptor (not sure what size my handlebars are..), also with free postage and free Collect+ returns (hence the mention earlier) so I can buy with confidence that they can go straight back if they're no good! 

- Mystery item! Bought something as a present for my housemate today - hopefully will turn up before the weekend so I can surprise him Saturday night - I'm just nice like that! Will post results here if it all turns out as well as it does in my head! 

I think that's it for now... a nice lot of things to be going on with - I think in the near future some purchases will be new running shoes for me & the missus as we're getting to go out a fair few times together and I might treat myself to some new bar tape for the Bianchi come the better weather! 

However, it's my anniversary on Friday and then Valentines next week so perhaps the trainers will have to wait a few more weeks until the next pay day. 

:o) 



No comments:

Post a Comment